Raise your hand if you stay up way to late editing...raises hand...
Whether it be because you wait for the kids to go to bed, it's the only time of day you have or you are trying to meet that last minute deadline, we've all been there.
I've created a quick list of my go to snacks that are "healthier" than a candy bar and soda, which let's face it we all want, but not that after effects it gives.
These snacks help promote energy and well being and are not only great for late night, but a quick go to! Each water and tea has just the right amount of energy to keep you going, but not keep you up at night. There is something about a hot cup of tea at night to relax and take away the day stresses, well because it's not appropriate to drink a bottle of wine whilst editing wedding photos.
- My first go to, and my daughter loves these too...frozen grapes! Seriously like candy, so addicting. Green ones are more sour and purple ones are sweet, we typically freeze both together
- Anything yogurt covered and frozen...ok well not anything, but blueberries dipped in greek vanilla yogurt or strawberries. Wash them, dip them, then freeze them. They make the perfect treat!
- Snack Factory Pretzel Crisps. You have all seen these little guys at the store I am sure and if you haven't tried them, do! They are amazing! I love dipping in hummus too!
- Tazo Organic Bramblewine Green Tea
- Mighty Leaf Mountain Spring Jasmine Green Tea
- Simply Balanced Dried Mangos Seriously, like candy...can you see the theme here ;) Make sure to get the dried ones and not the freeze dried...both are good, but the regular ones are the best!
- Archer Farms Omega-3 Walnut mix
- Infused water. There are many many "recipes" out there that you can experiment with. I found one on Pinterest a long time ago and I have used it ever since. The serving size is one 32 oz bottle.
- 1 lemon, half sliced and half juiced into water
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, blackberries and pomegranate (you can use whatever fruit you want)
- 2 tsp Chia seeds (if you don't know what these bad boys are then you need to! They are power packed and promote weight loss...seriously get some!)
- 1 tbsp organic honey
Hopefully this little list will help with your late night cravings and help you stay focused while doing werk!